Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

3.2 EMOJIS, POEMS, ETC.Posts in the Maian Greetings forum by TipTop
TipTop
20-09-2022 08:32:23

Hi There,

I just found out about version 3.2.  I Didn't receive an Email about that for some reason.

My 3.2 Upgrade went Mainly Well, except for the Results.  I Removed (content/ecard-files/ - content/emojis/ - licence.lic) from the Zip, just like you wrote.

When I Click On the Add Emojis link, it shows (/home/tte/public_html/content/_theme_custom/html/ecards/ecard-emoji.htm is missing).  I Uploaded a BackUp on a Different URL, and the BackUp Also Doesn't have (/home/tte/public_html/content/_theme_custom/html/ecards/ecard-emoji.htm).  However, I Never had that Error before.

Max Ecard Recipients: 3, and Enable WYSIWYG Edit for Visitors: Yes Aren't changing anything.  Even After I Clear my Cache.

Also, when I click Preview Ecard, the Animation PopUp Keeps Spinning Around.  smile

maiandavid
21-09-2022 16:26:21

I just found out about version 3.2.  I Didn't receive an Email about that for some reason.

Are you subscribed to the newsletter?

Looks like you are using a custom theme, so you'll need to make sure the theme is up to date and that any new files are copied over. The file you mention is in the download zip and was also in previous versions.

David - Lead Developer/Programmer
www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
21-09-2022 17:08:47

I Should be Subscribed to the Newsletter.  smile

I Copied (ecard-emoji.htm) from Default to Custom, and now I see my Custom Emojis in  1 Vertical line.  smile

How do I know if the Custom Theme is Up To Date?  And How do I know what New Files to Copy Over?  As far as I can guess, once I Copy the New Files from Default to Custom, it should be Up to Date.  smile

I Copied (ecard-poem.tpl.php) to the Custom Directory, Cleared the Cache, and Poems Still Aren't showing.  smile

maiandavid
23-09-2022 01:19:00

Check the upgrade instructions and the appendix information. It details what files are new.
https://www.maiansoftware.com/demos/maian-greetings/docs/upgrades-appendix.html

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
23-09-2022 04:19:50

3 Open the following files:

content/*theme*/ecard-pickup.tpl.php
content/*theme*/ecard-compose.tpl.php
content/*theme*/footer.tpl.php

Add in the captcha option (refer to new files)

<?php
echo $this->CAPTCHA;
?>

Please Explain (refer to new files).  Thanks!

4 Update the following files for multiple recipient & poems (where applicable). Refer to the latest version files:

content/*theme*/ecard-compose.tpl.php (Multiple Recipients, Poems)
content/*theme*/ecard-preview.tpl.php (Poems)
content/*theme*/ecard-view.tpl.php (Poems)

Please Explain Update the following files for multiple recipient & poems (where applicable). Refer to the latest version files:

Language (Update for all language folders)
1 Open the 'content/language/english/ecard.php' language file and update the following:

$msw_send_ops4
$msw_send_ops5

I Found $msw_send_ops4, and $msw_send_ops5.  They Both have English text after them.  How do I Update them?

2 Update the following email template file:

content/language/english/email-templates/ecard-usage-notification.txt

I Changed the word Music to the word Audio.  What else should I Update in that file?

1 If you have added custom ops, you should update this for multiple recipients:

control/system/modules/ecard-ops/custom.php

How can I find if I have Added Custom OPS?  smile

maiandavid
27-09-2022 05:21:07

Where it says 'refer to new files' it means refer to the new files in the latest version.

I Found $msw_send_ops4, and $msw_send_ops5.  They Both have English text after them.  How do I Update them?

Follow the instructions, which you have already posted above. lol.

Custom ops is whatever you might have added to the custom layout, I have no idea what they might be.

What else should I Update in that file?

Refer to the file in the latest version.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
27-09-2022 05:53:04

I Looked at some of the New Files, and Didn't see:

<?php
echo $this->CAPTCHA;
?>

I have No Clue where to add them in those 3 theme files.

(Update the Following) would make more sense if it says (Customize the Following) for $msw_send_ops4 and $msw_send_ops5.

As you know, the Whole file control/system/modules/ecard-ops/custom.php is Commented.  I'm Not yet getting how to Edit that page to Allow Multiple Recipients?  smile

maiandavid
28-09-2022 00:46:49

If you look at the appendix it says to refer to the new files for the captcha. So, you open your theme files and the new theme files (see the default theme from the latest zip) and add in the captcha code that is missing.

For the custom ops file, if your current custom-ops file has no values you don't need to add anything there. You need to update the theme files for the multiple recipient code, not the custom ops. The custom ops file is for additional callback operations, nothing else. Once the theme is updated, it should work ok. Appendix > Template Files > 4

You can always revert back to the default theme and then apply the changes again.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
28-09-2022 01:02:43

I'm Not used to All of these steps when Upgrading software.  I think that I'm Close.  Could I P Pal you a bit to Finish these steps?  smile

maiandavid
28-09-2022 08:18:46

Sure, contact me via the contact option and we can proceed from there. smile
https://www.maianmedia.com/contact

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
30-09-2022 14:15:57

I Filled Out Ur Contact Form Ealier this Week.  smile

maiandavid
30-09-2022 14:28:14

Did it show as sent? I can't find any emails. Nothing in spam. Give it another try, sorry for the inconvenience.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
30-09-2022 15:27:28

A System Error Keeps Occurring when I fill out your contact form.  smile

maiandavid
02-10-2022 10:16:42

It seems to be working fine. Try sending a message to:
maianmedia@maildepot.net

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
02-10-2022 17:19:01

Your Form Had an Issue  for Quit Awhile.  Now Running Properly!  smile

maiandavid
02-10-2022 17:38:20

I haven't changed anything. lol. Anyway, I got your emails finally, so will be in touch asap.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
06-11-2022 06:49:48

A friend pf mine said that they viewed an Ecard tonight, and the admin cP confirms that.  However, I Don't see a Viewed Email.  :)

maiandavid
08-11-2022 03:52:33

Make sure the "Receive Email Notification For Sent Ecards" setting is enabled. If it is, check your spam folder and the mail debug log if you have it enabled. It will be in the 'logs' folder.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
08-11-2022 04:09:41

The Usage Emails Reach me.  The Viewed Emails seem to be the Only Issue.  I might Finally be Back on my computer this week.  smile

TipTop
08-11-2022 17:11:01

I Looked at the (mail-debug-log.log) file.  Currently I Don't have a clue what to look for.  smile

TipTop
14-11-2022 03:03:18

I still have No clue what to look for in the mail debug log.  Database backup Emails are reaching me Everyday.  But still No Ecard Viewed Emails.  smile

maiandavid
14-11-2022 07:35:44

Basically you are looking for confirmation the email got sent. Look at the subject and message bodies of the messages.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
14-11-2022 08:54:06

I looked through that file, and I Don't seem to see it.  Please look as well, since U are more of an expert at that than me. Thanks!  smile

maiandavid
16-11-2022 01:02:42

It definitely works ok, I just tested it again. I assume the option is checked on the ecard send page? "Receive Notification When Ecard is Picked Up?"

If it's not in spam and it's being sent, it's a mystery. lol.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
16-11-2022 06:16:59

I thought that I Replied to your last reply.  However, I Don't see that.  My Sent Ecards list Doesn't show any tests from you tonight.

I Tested again, and NO notification Email when I Opened my Test Ecard.

In Admin, the Viewed Ecards All show Viewed 31 Dec 1969 @ 13:00PM.  Why does it say that?!  LOL  smile

maiandavid
17-11-2022 10:04:22

What do you have the date format set as in the settings?

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
17-11-2022 14:15:37

I have thr time @ America Central Chicago..

Even More Important, I'd like Picked Up Email Notifications to be Sent like in the past!  smile

maiandavid
17-11-2022 14:17:43

I said the date format, not the timezone.

"PHP Date Format"

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
22-11-2022 08:56:21

j M Y is the PHP Date Format.  smile

TipTop
29-11-2022 05:32:30

As I wrote here last week...

M Y is the PHP Date Format.  smile

Also, I've Never had the Date show up in admin as 1969 until the recent upgrade.

And I Still Need notifications when Ecards have been viewed to send out lie they used to.  smile

maiandavid
30-11-2022 03:30:49

Well, I have no idea why the date is 1969 and the emails aren't working, so really can't help much I'm afraid.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
30-11-2022 05:30:07

Please briefly look in my admin panel. to make sure that I have  my info correct.  Thanks!  smile

maiandavid
02-12-2022 06:16:42

You'll need to contact me again via the licence centre with the connection / login details. smile

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
02-12-2022 08:17:49

The Form messages Weren't reaching you.  And the last 2 times that I Emailed maianmedia@maildepot.net, those Emails were flagged on my end as "Spam".  I'll Email you from a Different account.  smile

maiandavid
02-12-2022 08:38:54

Got the email, will check asap.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
02-12-2022 08:56:57

smile

maiandavid
03-12-2022 06:50:50

Yes, the settings look fine.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
03-12-2022 08:24:43

Since the Received An Ecard Emails are going through, the SMTP is Fine.  There has to be Another Issue that causes the Ecard Viewed Emails to Not be sent.
I need to sleep.   smile

maiandavid
03-12-2022 08:26:49

1. Delete any logs that exist in the logs folder
2. Send an ecard and then click to view it
3. Then email me the log @ teamayu@maildepot.net

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
05-12-2022 08:08:38

I Emailed that to U Last Night.  Is MailDepot.net One of Your Domain Names?  smile

maiandavid
05-12-2022 17:02:57

No, just a forwarder we use.

So, just to clarify, the recipient gets email notificationof the ecard and you get notification an ecard was sent, but the sender doesn't get notification the ecard was picked up by the recipient?

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
05-12-2022 17:16:00

That's Correct.  smile

maiandavid
06-12-2022 15:27:55

Ok, let me check. Sorry, you've been patient, so another message to follow.

www.maianmedia.com
maiandavid
10-12-2022 17:09:07

So, looks like this is missing from the current version, sorry about that. It will be fixed in the next release.

www.maianmedia.com
TipTop
12-12-2022 11:06:16

When Do U Plan to Release the NEXT Version? 

I Just Added a NEW Ecard Image, and RE DID My Random Banners.  And I Prefer to NOT Use My Ecard Outreach Until Notifications is FIXED.  smile

maiandavid
29-12-2022 04:59:24

No release date set as yet, sorry.

www.maianmedia.com
maiandavid
02-01-2023 06:09:37

OK, I'm looking at this now.

www.maianmedia.com
maiandavid
02-01-2023 06:26:09

OK, well now I've had more time to take a look, I can confirm that it is indeed working fine. The pickup notification is received as expected.

www.maianmedia.com
100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts