Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Changing the "slug" for major components (basket, collection, etc.)Posts in the Maian Music forum by jjjjeczalik
jjjjeczalik
10-10-2018 19:51:35

(I don't like to flood the board but I believe it's better to start a new topic than add unrelated questions to an old topic, so that future generations can more easily search for answers to their own questions.)

In my original installation of Maian Music, I spent a considerable amount of time trying to make SEO-friendly URLs appear in a language other than English. Needless to say, I broke the installation repeatedly, and in the end, I switched the system back to regular URLs and then used several dozen individual .htaccess redirects to make it appear as IF I had done it properly. E.g., so that https://example.fr/boutique/index.php?_mm=basket would appear as https://example.fr/boutique/panier

Before I go through all of that again with my new installation, is there a setting (or a less complex way) to achieve this?

Essentially, in a non-English installation of Maian Music, I would like the words "collection", "basket", "login", etc., to be in the different language.

Also, I noticed that the new release of Maian Music displays track lengths as 3m 33s instead of 3:3. Is there a setting to revert this? There have been literally hundreds of instances where I dive into the PHP to edit something, only to realise later that Mr. Bennett made an easy-to-use setting for it (such as changing the HTML DIR and LANG in the global.php file instead of editing the header.tpl.php directly).

Thanks in advance.

Is there a general threshold for where complex questions are better suited for buying a year of priority support rather than posting in the support forum here? I imagine that ideally everyone would buy a year or two of priority support; on the other hand, discussion here in the public forum makes it easier for people to find their answers using search engines.

jjjjeczalik
14-10-2018 21:30:24

maiandavid wrote:
You need to change it via the 'control/classes/class.seo.php' file.

That was too easy; thanks.
Incidentally, the line

'login' => 'login',

is missing (anywhere between lines 144 and 161). I added it and it works just like the others, of course; something small for the next update.

maiandavid wrote:
I would have no idea what 3:3 meant. lol. There is no setting for this one, the time is built by the 'mswTrimTime' function in the 'control/functions.php' file.

I meant to type 3:33, of course. This (your mention of the 'mswTrimTime' function) pointed me in the right direction; thanks.

maiandavid wrote:
Generally people who go for priority support are people who have businesses to run and need more immediate help if something suddenly breaks. For example, a server upgrading something that breaks the system.

I'll remember this once the site can start paying for itself (I've been at this for nearly three years now, so I'm probably as ready as I'll ever be).

Thank you for your assistance!

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts