Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Minor bugs and Feature requests 4.3Posts in the Maian Support forum by angphc
angphc
05-06-2020 19:11:56

Hello David I have just reviewed 4.3
These are some of my findings:

Minor Bugs/annoyances and a feature request
------------------

Settings/General
Timezone Caracas still appears as GMT - 4:30 and has changed to GMT -4:00 since 2016
(perhaps this is PHP's  timezone database related), nothing to die for, user just need to change it to AMERICA/LA PAZ and it's done, (can't use America/NYC because in this country there's not DST)

------------------------------

Settings/attachments
if the server path to attachments is supposed to be
/var/www/content/attachments

when the button to auto-update the folder is pressed it appears like this:
/var/www/content/FOLDER_NAME_HERE

Somehow triggers the string $msg_settings128 frrom  lang4.php  (line 486 in my current install)
and uses it as an actual path instead of the path that's supposed to be there.
Don't know what's the actual usage of that
-----------------------
Admin Pages/Manage

I still don't read the documentation about Admin pages and don't know what they are for. I promise I will read them soon

but if you try to create an Admin page using custom admin_test_page.php template
you will receive a popup saying "Please enter page title" even when the name has bin written in the field.

---------------------------------
When updating profile
(Tested on admin user only)
The popup options are very confiusing

If it is a notification then In my opinion its desirable to remain as an informative only popup with a large and clear OK ACK button.
Instead of edit, manage, add  options that are provided
that doesn't make a lot of sense until you click on the 3 of them and you can see what them are doing.

If those options are to remain there at least, first Place an OK/Close button and not rely in the closing X at the corner of the notification window.
and then have more verbosity about those options,
something like this

+---------------------------+
|      SYSTEM MESSAGE       |
|                           |
| The user has been updated |
|                           |
|         +------+          |
|         |  OK  |          |
|         +------+          |
| ------------------------- |
| You can also:             |
| Keep editing this user... |
| Manage another users...   |
| Add a new user....        |
+---------------------------+

It's just a matter of adding more context to those options. and making easier to close the window.
.-------------------------------------------

The Feature Request(s)

It would be great if

licence.lic

and

control/connect.php

are included in the zip installer as

licence.lic.dist

and

control/connect.php.dist

and in the install instructions, well, instruct the user to rename them to licence.lic and control/connect.php during first install.

Yes I know the readme clearly states that these 2 files must be removed from installer package when updating but it's easy to forget, specially when an update goes wrong and you repeat the process a few times.

This leads to another feature request

Distribute the maian-latest.zip withouth the parent maian-support/helpdesk folders, because of the still unresolved in this 21st century inhability of mv command to merge folders easily.
At least distribute as a tar where is possilble to strip parent folders on extraction time.
Fortunately I have several backups of my project, but it still a mild torture copying back and forth both files from the backups each time.
It will make updates even easier and will just add a couple of steps in the first install
---------------------

OTOH I updated spanish translation files for spanish 4.3 but the contact form in maianscriptworld is not working. Gonna send them straight to your email after some testing.

ishayan03
22-06-2020 22:18:15

Hi Maian Team,

In the open source application, the admin has to create the user with a username and password.
I am curious to know that is there an option wherein an admin can add user with their email address and then the user has the ability to
set the password through may be some link. In the open source version I do not see that feature which makes it difficult for a user to
manage their profiles.

Regards,
Shayan Iqbal.

IamKangy
22-06-2020 23:39:19

Not really, when you create a user as an Admin it sends them an email. they simply login and change their password in their profile.

Also, the Admin doesn't need to create an account the user can do that themselves or if they open a ticket without an account it automatically creates them one.

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts