Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Affiliate + Cart IntegrationPosts in the Maian Affiliate forum by tbutts
tbutts
17-06-2020 15:22:29

I have Cart and Affiliate installed and working perfectly on my domain, but integrating Affiliate with Cart is not working.  Specifically, I am trying to send commissions to Affiliate from Cart when a sale happens.

There are a few confusing pieces in the docs.  In Cart: Store CP/ Settings/Settings Menu/Maian Affiliate Integration/Affiliate Product ID.  What is the Affiliate Product ID?  Is this some kind of KEY?

Also, the information on this How-To: https://affiliate.tbengineering.design/docs/api-commissions.html.  It says you have to add this code into some file to make it work.  It doesn't say which file, or where.

I am going to buy the commercial for both Cart and Affiliate as a start, but I need to make sure it works as needed, before that happens.

Thanks.

P.S.  Your product so far is wonderful!  Very clean, and easy to use so far.  Great work!

tbutts
19-06-2020 14:45:36

I have been through the help links, many times.
1.  Full Url to Maian Affiliate Installation is pointing to the affiliate website from the cart.
2.  Affiliate API Code is identical on both sites.
3.  Affiliate Product ID matches the Product setup in Affiliate as a product.  Both ID's are the same.
4.  Affiliate Url GET Parameter are the same on both sites.
5.  Enable Commission System is enabled in Cart.

The problem I have narrowed it down to is that no products in Cart are linked to an Affiliate in the Affiliate site, so it doesn't know where to go when a sale happens.

In Affiliates, I only have one Affiliate for testing, and his affiliate ID is maff-01.  In a product in Cart, there is no place to put maff-01, so it knows where to go, unless I am missing that part.  It makes sense logically.

Edit:
Thinking about this some more (and reading the docs again), I started thinking about the databases.  Nothing is going to the Affiliate DB when a sale happens from Cart.  So, without digging through the code, let me ask this:  Both of these sites are on the same domain but different subdomains.  They have different databases.

How would a sale from cart, know where to send the commission information to the Affiliate database?

Then I was thinking, maybe the Affiliate system does not work how I was thinking it should work.  Is Promotional items the only way it works?  Promotional to me means special, not all sales.  Correct me if i am wrong, but ALL sales should ping the Affiliate system, and store information about sales to the Affiliate database.  Nothing is getting to that database right now.

tbutts
20-06-2020 23:15:30

maiandavid wrote:
maff-01 is the affiliate code, so if you log into the affiliate account you should see how the affiliate would use that code.

I do.  It's just a URL with their unique Affiliate code.  Simple.

maiandavid wrote:
Why would 'maff-01' go against a product in Maian Cart? It logs against the sale if it is set.

Because one affiliate would sell a product, and another affiliate would sell a different product.

maiandavid wrote:
Affiliate run through:

maiandavid wrote:
============================================================

maiandavid wrote:
1. Visitor logs into their affiliate account for linking info. They add this to their site. Links will be to your cart installation with the affiliate code.

Yup.

maiandavid wrote:
2. Someone then clicks the affiliate link. Maian cart recognises the affiliate click.

Here is another issue.  There is no specific affiliate link to click on, when your a customer looking at a product.  It's no where.

maiandavid wrote:
Did you log into the affiliate account to see code usage?

It only shows their unique link.  https://eshop.mysite.com/?maff=maff-01

maiandavid wrote:
Once you realise how it works you will see how you have been over complicating things. Of course it would log for all sales.

Hard to do when it doesn't work.

maiandavid wrote:
You have the affiliate url set in the affiliate settings in Maian Cart? That is how it knows which url to ping.

I do.

Ok, I guess we're thinking differently.  Here is a scenario, and tell me if your products will do this.
1.  I am a customer, and I want to buy two products.  Product #1 is sold by Affiliate #1.  Product #2 is sold by Affiliate #2.
2.  When I finish the sale, both Affiliates get commissions on each of their products.  Each affiliate is able to see that information on their respective affiliate accounts.

Wait, are you saying that an affiliate is specific to their own eShop?  If that's the case, then what I want to do, wouldn't work.  Basically, I want to have one eShop, with many Affiliates.

When I finish a sale on my Cart installation, there is nothing in the affiliate database, and no commissions are getting to the affiliates.

Maybe, send me an email or PM, and you can log into the cart, admin of the cart, affiliate account, and the admin of the affiliate site, to check things out, or better yet, are the demos connected (cart and affiliate), so I can create a sale, and check the affiliate site to see if they got the commission.  I did look at the admin for both demo sites, and my sites have the same information.

tbutts
20-06-2020 23:43:07

ok, well, I got it to work.  All products sold on an eShop, is specific to an Affiliate.  I was hoping that, I can have one eShop, with many products, and each product is linked to different affiliates.

Now I can see how you weren't understanding what I wanted to do.  Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that.  Thank you for the help!  I can now figure out what I have to do.

tbutts
21-06-2020 03:44:40

maiandavid wrote:
I don't know of any affiliate systems that work that way. You might need something custom building.

You obviously know what your doing.  There is a need for this, trust me.  Think of Amazon.  I know it's setup differently, but the concept of what I need is the same.

tbutts
22-06-2020 14:06:37

Not sure I would say for more complex, but if your saying in order to change Cart, to make it work for what I was talking about, then yeah, that would be ideal.  I really like your product, so I am trying to figure out a way to make it work.

Really, it wouldn't be that hard,  possibly adding a dropdown list selecting an affiliate under products, so it adds that affiliate ID to the product, so when a sale happens, affiliate picks it up.

Easier said than done, I am sure.  Just a thought for future additions, or a new product of yours calling it Cart Plus or something.  If I knew PHP, I would work on it, but I don't.  I only know VB.

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts