Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Secret key for Maian CheckoutPosts in the Maian Checkout forum by billyjoe
billyjoe
31-07-2020 08:10:07

Hello Ian

How are you? Remember me, Billy Joe Conor? Years ago I bought Maian music and you helped me solve an issue with customizing it for my website. Since then, my songs are on Apple Music, CD Baby and at all other online vendors. Because of that I stopped selling them on my website.

I'm currently building a website for a musician friend who wants to teach piano online. Since he also wants to sell keyboards and accessories on his website, onlinepianoteacher.org , I picked Checkout for him to sell a small number of items. Just now I'm installing it, but nowhere on your website can I find where to generate the secret key for it? Would you please let me know where?

Regards,

Billy Joe

EDIT: Hello again Ian. As soon as I finished making the above post I realized that the secret key would be determined by me. However, my initial understanding was that I needed to generate one on your website.

Thank you. Be well,

Billy Joe

EDIT-2:

Hello again Ian:

I was able to install Checkout. However, when an item is added to basket, it isn't actually added, as zero items show at checkout. This happens as well when the item is added to basket from the product page.
What's causing it?
Site:
https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/2checkout/index.php

billyjoe
31-07-2020 19:56:15

Hello Ian:

I just found another issue. I can't login to the admin. How is this fixed?

the error log follows:

Date/Time: 31 July 2020 @ 07:12:40
Code: 2002
Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
File: /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b841/ipg.protegraproductsinc25808/shop/control/classes/class.db.php
Line: 462

==================================================

Date/Time: 31 July 2020 @ 08:13:24
Code: 2002
Error: Connection refused
File: /hermes/bosnaweb22a/b841/ipg.protegraproductsinc25808/shop/control/classes/class.db.php
Line: 462

==================================================

billyjoe
01-08-2020 22:11:38

Hello Ian:

I'm doing fine thank you. I'm actually getting radio airplay on all my songs worldwide. It's all I ever dreamed about; that my songs be heard.

I don't know what is causing the admin login problem and the items not actually adding to basket. However, I reinstalled 2checkout with a newly made database only to have the sames issues again. Do you have any suggestions, I don't know what else to do? Also, I assume 2checkout can be used with PayPal?

Regards,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
03-08-2020 20:01:44

Hello David:

Thanks for your help. Just as you said, the issue had to do with sessions. Therefore I called iPage and they did make the adjustment to correct it.
Now the cart is working perfectly. The add to cart items are no longer cleared.

There still however remains an issue; PayPal, Is not a payment option, which I must add. Please tell me how it is done?

Regards,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
04-08-2020 02:19:37

Hi David:

Yes. I did try to go through the payment process, but paypal is not one of the options as you thought it would be, unless I'm missing something.
I hope I didn't  install the wrong cart, one that doesn't include paypal, because I already customized it. Can his paypal info be added and then change the url to go to paypal?

Please see it here to confirm which one it is: https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/keyboards/
By the way, I added the paypal image at checkout.

Please take a look at it, David, and let me know if paypal has to be added and whether or not it's the simple matter. If it isn't a simple matter, would you please do it?
I installed Maian 2Checkout, which I thought had paypal as a oayment option and for which I will get him a license. My friend is a musician who wants to give piano lessons online and sell keyboards.and accessories only.

Regards,

Billy Joe.

billyjoe
04-08-2020 18:27:43

Hello David:

Thank you very much for the information. I will, as you suggested, copy the customization over onto MaianPal.
Do I need to delete the existing database, or will the new installation delete it and write over it as it's being installed?

Regards,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
05-08-2020 09:20:37

Hi David:

Thank you so much. I copied over all the customization into Maian Pal and it's working perfectly. A small shopping cart is just what my friend needs as he'll be selling only a few items in addition to giving online piano lessons; only keyboards, cases and stands. As soon as he confirms a deal with the drop shipper for these items, I'll purchase a license for him.

Thank you again,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
05-08-2020 22:18:34

You're very welcome David.

There is one issue however. Although I entered my friend's paypal email address and his paypal password, the result at paying is,
"The "email" payment parameter is missing and is required, please update your payment parameter settings. Refer to the docs for assistance."
What must be done to correct this?

Regards,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
06-08-2020 04:15:24

Screenshot of paypal email parameter:

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]https://www.onlinepianoteacher.org/email-parmeter.jpg[/img]

billyjoe
06-08-2020 07:35:42

Hi David:

You're right. I just assumed the PayPal email address and account password were needed in those fields in order to access PayPal and make payments.
Instead, when looking at your documentation, I made the correct entries and payments could now be made.

Thank you again,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
14-08-2020 07:20:29

Hello David:

As I wrote, Maian Pal installed and is working perfectly on my PC. Unfortunately, it's not working on my iphone, and other android phones; when an item is clicked to add to cart, the spinner spins indefinitely and it's never added to cart. This happens in the default theme where nothing is customized. Can it be made to work on phones as well as PCs?

Regards,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
14-08-2020 10:16:51

Hi David:

I just tried "add to basket "on you website demo and it worked perfectly on my iphone.
Currently, my installation of it is not working using the unchanged default theme.
What do you suggest I do?

Thanks,

Billy Joe

billyjoe
14-08-2020 23:19:21

Hi David:

The problem was that I needed to redirect non-www requests to www in .htaccess
Now the cart works perfectly on my iphone.

Regards,

Billy Joe

liempham
10-11-2021 17:22:02

Hello David,
Got an error message " Secret Key Renamed" at a first installation screen. How can I fix that please?. Thanks

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts