Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Categories and Download filesPosts in the Maian Cart forum by zeldalee
zeldalee
15-05-2021 22:30:24

Hi David,
Is there an edit I can do so my categories and the files in downloads are alphabeticle?
thank you
Zelda

zeldalee
17-05-2021 13:22:43

Hi David,
The categories box on the website at treasured-finds.net.  When choosing files from Local/HTTP/FTP Path to File: drop down box.    The files do upload to the download manager alphabetically. 

I wanted to add a couple of screen shots for you to have a look at don't have a way to add them here.  but  the categories can be seen at the website.

zeldalee
23-05-2021 18:56:44

zeldalee wrote:
Hi David,
The categories box on the website at treasured-finds.net.  When choosing files from Local/HTTP/FTP Path to File: drop down box.    The files do upload to the download manager alphabetically. 

I wanted to add a couple of screen shots for you to have a look at don't have a way to add them here.  but  the categories can be seen at the website.

Hello David,
Still wondering how or if I can correct the this issue?
Thank you
Zelda

zeldalee
25-05-2021 16:44:16

maiandavid wrote:
You can attach images via the images tag. Just enter the file upload path after the image has been uploaded. smile

The files seem to be in alphabetical order. Maybe give me a screenshot so I'm 100% sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Hi David,
In the frontend the categories are not alphabetical or in the  download options when adding the product.

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]https://www.treasured=finds.net/TreasuredFinds.jpg[/img]
[img=FluxBB bbcode test]https://www.treasured=finds.net/TreasuredFinds2.jpg[/img]

Thank you
Zelda

zeldalee
01-06-2021 12:50:14

zeldalee wrote:
maiandavid wrote:
You can attach images via the images tag. Just enter the file upload path after the image has been uploaded. smile

The files seem to be in alphabetical order. Maybe give me a screenshot so I'm 100% sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Hi David,
In the frontend the categories are not alphabetical or in the  download options when adding the product.

www.treasured-finds.net/TreasuredFinds.jpg
www.treasured=finds.net/TreasuredFinds2.jpg

Thank you
Zelda

Hi David. 
I did the link wrong I think.  Please give this a try.
www.treasured-finds.net/TreasuredFinds.jpg
www.treasured=finds.net/TreasuredFinds2.jpg
Thanks
Zelda

zeldalee
04-06-2021 15:44:08

maiandavid wrote:
Does the ordering correspond to how you have it in the admin area?

In the admin area categories are in alphabetical order.  Also the files in the download folder is alphabetical as well but in the download options drop down box they are not.

zeldalee
05-06-2021 02:35:56

maiandavid wrote:
But what about the drop down boxes in the admin area for the categories, which control the ordering? They show the correct order? 1,2,3 etc?
  The parent category is on one and if there are children categories then if they are out of order then I just re-order them.  that works good but does not translate to the store front categories.

zeldalee
06-06-2021 02:03:37

maiandavid wrote:
At the moment I can't replicate any problems with the ordering.

Can you give me a screenshot of your admin categories page? So, I can see the categories and the drop downs?

Hi David,
I tried to add the screenshots but I don't understand the coding.  I know html.  Please go to www.treasured-finds.net.  When you go to my site then add TreasuredFinds.jpg
TreasuredFinds2.jpg
these are the screen shots of the admin and the store front catagories.
Thank you
Zelda

zeldalee
06-06-2021 14:15:41

maiandavid wrote:
Hi Zelda,

But the first screenshot is the categories and the second is the download files. For the categories I was talking about the category ordering on the admin category page, not the download files list. Can you give me the screenshot of how your category ordering looks?

Hello David,
Here are the screenshots admin.jpg admin1.jpg  admin2.jpg
admin3.jpg admin4.jpg admin5.jpg.  Please go to www.treasured-finds.net/  add each image to see the shots.  The categories in admin look to be in order.
Zelda

zeldalee
07-06-2021 02:24:57

maiandavid wrote:
The drop downs all have the value of 1. They need to be in sequence for ordering. 1,2,3 etc. Can you change the values then click update and see if that works?

Thank you David, for some reason I thought that the parent needed to be one.  That worked.  I still need to get the DOWNLOAD OPTIONS: files alphabetical.  I have many pdf files and it really takes a lot of time to find each file . 

Downloadable Product:
Yes  No
Local/HTTP/FTP Path to File:
Select File:
please go to www.treasured-finds.net and have a look at this screen shot TreasuredFinds2.jpg.  The files are alphabetical in the download manager but not in the ad product.
thank you,
Zelda

zeldalee
07-06-2021 11:32:40

maiandavid wrote:
Hi Zelda,

You were talking about the category ordering. But you haven't ordered the categories. That's what I was referring to in my previous post.

The download files list is a separate thing. That should be fixed in the latest version, coming soon. The download manager doesn't control the ordering. smile

Hello David,
Thanks for all your help.  I did get the categories fixed.  For some reason I thought that the parent had to be #1. 

Looking forward to the fix and new version.
Zelda

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts