Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

Extra Page StylingPosts in the Maian Stripe forum by casjubert
casjubert
15-09-2021 18:11:01

Hello again

I'm trying to edit my default "About" page and use the code area to write my HTML/CSS into.
When I click "Update" it looks fine but when I open the actual page in the browser, it' all changed. Even the code I wrote into, it's all changed.

Any idea what I need to do, because in admin editing it looks all good, on the server it's everything over written ! ? !

I have attached some screenshots that show the differences.
On the ma-admin-2 image I have added a background colour so you can see the col html works fine. Why it is all overwritten on the server, this puzzles me (see the code change in the ma-server attached image.

Thank you

casjubert
15-09-2021 18:56:59

Ops.
I found it

Figured out that these pages (even existing, like the About page) use the ' new-page.tpl.php' .
I opened it and deleted the right column (code below)

Silly question but since I am on version 1.3, shall I guess that the paid version 3+? has that option in admin, where I can actually choose to have a full page or a 2-column page?

Please correct me, thanks.

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4">
        <?php
        include(dirname(__file__) . '/right-panel.tpl.php');
        ?>
      </div>
casjubert
16-09-2021 12:45:24

Well,
then I don't know, you tell me.
I believed I had the maian script installed. Must have been drunk when I downloaded and installed it about 2 months ago. Wait a minute, I don't drink. And I don't use drugs neither, damn it. Must be my age then. smile

casjubert
16-09-2021 20:46:34

How do I know?
If that's NOT you, I'd get onto, whoever stole your name because consider this:

1. I don't know Maian to start with.
2. In my search, if I come across Maia Stripe which is advertised as a Cart,
3. I don't look for any OTHER Maian.
4. Hence, you may miss out on business!

This is far too confusing But, I didn't create that confusion. I just found something and take it as it is. I don't assume.

Just a hint.

Even the H.E.L.P. sections look VERY the same to me.
Puts me off a little, must say, even though you may not like it. But making a potential customer sound stupid because YOU confuse them (and yourself - you couldn't even remember this version for whatever reasons), this is not a business relationship I'd consider as 'Health".
But I understand, in the clouds, different rules rule.

Anyway, I accept defeat - You win!

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts