Community Forum

Please read the intro before joining/posting. Thank you.

If you have questions about our software, chances are this forum has the answers.

You'll need to register before you can post on the forum to ask your question or to answer another one. A reply will be posted to each and every question that is asked so there is no need to double post or bump your post. We'll do our best to answer promptly, but in some cases it may take a day or two. If you bump your post, it may be removed. Bear with us and we'll get your question answered quickly.

Here are a few tips to help you to get your questions answered more rapidly.

IMPORTANT: Posts in English only. We don't employ translators and we'll be unable to understand your message properly and will probably delete it.
SOFTWARE: Each software has it's own forum. Software here is NOT supported. Posts about this software will be deleted. Supported software questions ONLY please.
SEARCH: Use the search option to see if your question has been answered on the forum before now or if there is an answer in the documentation of your software.
PERSONAL SUPPORT: If you have purchased a commercial version of any software, using the contact option at the licence centre ensures a faster response.
AUTO DELETION: Accounts older than 5 days, with no posts or topics, are automatically deleted. Only register if you are thinking of posting.
LINKS: Any links posted are not clickable (to deter spammers) and must be copied / pasted into your browser address bar.

You are not logged in.

A very tiny installation problem/error [updated/solved]Posts in the Maian Cart forum by jjjjeczalik
jjjjeczalik
31-01-2020 20:51:23

I just installed Maian Cart 3.7. Everything works fine except that I cannot log into the admin area. (Entering correct or incorrect or even NO credentials and then clicking "Login" simply reloads the login page with no error messages anywhere.) While I can pretty much manage the settings and adding products via phpmyadmin, for some things it can be easier to use the admin area. It's a 100% fresh installation. I though that I would ask here because it may be something that others have encountered and been able to fix using "one simple trick", haha.

[A FEW HOURS LATER]

I don't know if this is a bug or something wierd on my end. The domain on which I installed Maian Cart was an existing site at https://example.com; the site is set up to force https (so that if someone visits http://example.com/chips, they will be automatically redirected to https://example.com/chips

I disabled this (by commenting out the relevant line in my root htaccess file), was then able to log into the admin area, found "force SSL" to be set to "off" (that's the default setting, it seems), set it to "on", restored my original htaccess, and now all is well.

Also, I see there are quite a few new features since the last time that I tried Maian Cart (a couple of years ago). Excellent work, Mr Bennett.

jjjjeczalik
02-02-2020 01:02:55

maiandavid wrote:
Should't affect anything. I have it set to force ssl on my test setups and there are no issues.

I'm sure that it was something "hacky" on my end, as I haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

A small suggestion :

In Maian Music, if someone adds an item to the basket that's already in the basket, it appears as two separate items in the basket, which makes sense since a person would VERY rarely intentionally order two of the same music items, especially downloads. And so it's a simple matter of clicking an "X" to remove one of the two items from the basket.

In Maian Cart, if one adds an item to the basket that's already added, it's still a single line item but "Qty: 2" is noted, and there seems to be no existing way to reduce the quantity to "1" (clicking the trash icon deletes the entire item from the basket). (Or, say if a person is ordering four pillows and changes their mind after seeing the subtotal and wants three, they have to delete the item from the cart and then go to find it again.) I would suggest the added feature of a + and - icon to increase or decrease the quantities in the cart. Amazon.com's way of doing it is to have a tiny dropdown menu with 1 through 9 and "delete" in it.

magiccardpops
02-02-2020 03:18:44

Are you requesting what is in the checkout shopping basket ( the +/- feature ) to also be available in the "popup" shopping basket screen? Just curious.

jjjjeczalik
02-02-2020 16:08:42

magiccardpops wrote:
Are you requesting what is in the checkout shopping basket ( the +/- feature ) to also be available in the "popup" shopping basket screen? Just curious.

Yes.

maiandavid wrote:
Yes, the quantity adjustment is on the checkout screen. I'm not planning to add it to the popup. But you have raised a good point about downloads, the quantity should remain static for those, so I will update that. Thanks. smile

That's reasonable; I had set up a particular link so that someone who clicks on it goes to the product page AND

mc_addToBasket('x')

happens (when they land on the page, it loads and then the modal popup loads and the item is added to the cart, all with just one click on the previous page). If a person already has product X in their basket, they would then suddenly find themselves with 2 of said product, and no intuitive way to reduce it back to one.

I'm also trying to figure out a simple way to do the following : (ignore the syntax, of course) : if cart contains product X then Y (e.g., don't show button). But that becomes unnecessary if you eventually add that feature (option to make a static quantity). Oddly enough, setting both "min purchase" and "max purchase" to "1" didn't seem to have the desired effect.

100% Free SoftwareSoftware Versions, Development, Docs & UpgradesHostingNewsletter
Made with in the U.K & Hong Kong

Free PHP Scripts / Responsive PHP Scripts / Lightweight PHP Scripts / White Label PHP Scripts